International Graduate Admission
Please note: Accepted students should register for classes PRIOR to arriving on campus.
In recognizing the cultural diversity that international students bring to the campus, Providence College welcomes applicants from countries around the world. International students are considered for admission to full-time programs as follows:
International Graduate Admission Deadlines
Summer: January 1
Fall: April 1
Spring: September 1
Steps for Applying for Admission to a PC Graduate Program
Students applying for admission to a graduate program at Providence College must follow the steps below:
- Apply for academic admission and ensure you meet the minimum requirements by visiting your academic department’s website.
- Complete the Graduate Application (MBA Graduate Application) and submit your transcripts to the credential evaluation service.
- Complete the International Graduate Student Supplement Forms.
- Submit all documents, including a copy of your letter of academic admission, to the Program Director of the degree program for which you are applying, Graduate Program Contacts. Electronic copies are sufficient for I-20 issuance, but originals must be submitted upon arrival to the United States.
Always use your full legal name as listed on your passport. This will prevent future problems, especially at the time of issuing visas.
TOEFL or IELTS
English is the language of instruction at Providence College. Students whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum score of 577 (PBT) or 90 (IBT with a minimum of 20 in each sub-score) is needed for consideration. You can check the TOEFL website at www.toefl.org for testing information. Providence College’s CEEB/TOEFL code is 3693. The International English Language Test System (IELTS) may be taken as an alternative to the TOEFL. Minimum score: 7.0. You can check the IELTS website at www.ielts.org for testing information. Tests must have been taken within the past two years.
* For admission into the Providence College MBA program, students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 100 and/or a minimum IELTS score of 7.5.
If your previous academic or undergraduate institution was not in the U.S., then you must submit a course-by-course academic International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP) evaluation by the World Education Service (WES). Evaluations provide M.A. or M.B.A. program directors with U.S. grading equivalency, which is required to make a decision on your application.